Friday, April 18, 2014

How To Make Life Suck Less...

Sometimes life sucks. Just the way it is. My whole life I have experienced the ups and downs that come with living. Then again my whole life I also feel I have kept an optimistic yet realistic view on everything that has been thrown my way. I have been lucky though because I really haven't had anything too intense happen. I mean I have the ability to taste good food, I have two functioning legs, my eyes work great so I can watch Twilight when needed, I can hear Lorde's music any time any day I want, and I have the ability to speak fluent English and sometimes even in a British accent. Honestly, I have been blessed with a truly amazing and gifted life. At the end of the day though, sometimes life can suck. Sometimes you get 3 speeding tickets a week, or your 89' BMW just doesn't want to start, you get cancer, you might even burn your omelette. Life happens. So, here's my tips on how to make your life suck less. 


Step 1: Buy a Shark Onesie...
Life is better when you own onesies... 


Step 2: Watch Movies with Attractive People
Now don't be concerned, I am not a shallow person or a vain person. I clearly don't care how I look because I wear basketball shorts and a Vans t shirt everyday. I haven't work make up for 10 days now and going strong. And I don't weight 140lbs and don't look like Megan Fox in a bikini. So clearly, I am not vain. But when I'm having a bad day, I watch a movie with attractive people in it and it just makes me smile. So, to make life suck less, stare at attractive people on your TV screen even if their acting is less than perfect. So here are the best 5 movies or TV Shows with attractive people...


  • Divergent: Theo Jaemes shirtless, tattooed, and holding a gun. Enough said. 
  • Twilight: Robert Pattinson. My love. He can sing, act, and he gets Bella in the end. Kristen Stewart is quite exquisite as well. Put them together, second best vampire couple. 
  • Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev. Done! Best vampire duo. Also surrounded by a huge cast of attractive vampires. 
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, and Orlando Bloom. Not only is this trio gorgeous, their accents are heavenly. 


  • Greys Anatomy: Lexie Grey, McSteamy, McDreamy, Meredith, Owen, Calizona... There's a reason there are 10 seasons of this show. Not only is the drama good, but ALL the doctors are easy on the eyes. If only all doctors were as attractive. 
Step 3: Buy a Dog or a Cat
Imagine the perfect companion. Always there, always excited to see you, never talks back, does what you say, always wants to cuddle, and always wants to be right by you. Get a dog, or a cat. If you don't the means for one, then rent one. Or go see someone else's. Everyday I come home to two dogs and a cat, yes I am a blessed girl. On any given day I know I will always have a cuddle buddy as well as a protector. Bella is hands down the best guard dog that ever existed!! Klaus is afraid of his own shadow so likes to stay right at my side at all times. Lastly Porsche the kitty always always always wants to cuddle. You'd be surprised what a furry little creature could do for your happiness levels...

Step 4: Eat Good Food
Food makes everyone happy. And if food doesn't make you happy well I hope you enjoy your skinny body while I'm busy enjoying my double double from In N Out. But seriously food makes life suck less. Just from my own personal experiences and having common sense, when girls have bad emotional days, they also have good food days. Why? Because food makes life suck less. So take some time and a little extra cash money out of your bank account and go indulge a little. Treat yourself to the best food around! If in your mind that means eating a box of Lucky Charms out of a huge mixing bowl then do so. If that's eating 8 rolls of sushi then do so-- for the sake of your wallet I hope its all you can eat. Spend the extra $5 on dessert. If its deep fried just know its double the calories but doubley delicious! Eat good food.



Step 5: Sing Loud and Proud
For those of you who have been so privileged to hear me sing, well like I said, you're privileged. On any given day, usually driving home from work, you will find me going way too fast on I-15 singing at the top of my lungs. What am I singing? Probably some country or indie. 5 times out of 10 I would guess Lorde. Now when you sing and drive, make sure the music is so loud you can't hear yourself and that you know all the words to the song. Something about driving fast and singing loud and jamming out is liberating. So do it. Your day will become better. Now if your voice is a terrible as mine then those in the car will suffer, but you'll feel better. Be selfish this one time.



Step 6: Make Goals
Growing up whenever the Gypsy made us do our Saturday chores she would write them on this big white board in our kitchen. As you completed your chores you got to erase it from the board. I'm almost 25 and I still do this! Something about erasing things as I do them makes me feel good. So make some goals, write them down, do them, and feel the accomplishment of completing them. Make a bucket list and actually do the things on your bucket list. Travel, bungee jump, sky dive, get a tattoo, drive a race car, see Cher live, touch a shark, go skinny dipping, whatever it is do it! Even if your goal is talk to the attractive individual at Starbucks who you see there every Saturday morning, just do it. Write it down. Do it. Mark it off. I can promise and guarantee you that your life will become exciting and have this new found meaning. Need ideas? I have plenty just ask.

Bucket List Item 5: Go to the San Diego Zoo

Step 7: Lets Get Physical
Go work out. There's a part in legally blonde I love it goes something like, "Exercise gives you endorphin's. Endorphin's make you happy. Happy people just don't kill their husbands." This is a very true statement now. Happy people typically don't kill their husbands, lets be honest most people don't kill their husbands. But go work out! I recently just switched to 24 Hour Fitness from Golds gym. Why? Because playing basketball makes me happy. On nights I'm bored, can't sleep, and am caught up on Greys, I go shoot. The best part is I can go at ANYTIME of the day. There's times when its 12:30 in the morning and all I want to do is go shoot around so I do. Whatever physical activity makes you happy do it. Michelle runs marathons it makes her happy. Steve spends hours standing and walking watering his grass, but it makes him happy. Everyone's physical fitness is at different levels so do something at level and be happy. 
Step 8: Say Thank You
Not only do I make lists on white boards but I also use paper. Sit down and write down the 5 most influential people in your life and write them a thank you note. Then write down the top 5 worldly things you're thankful for and remind yourself everyday how thankful you are for those people and those things in your life that make things easier. Everyday if you're remembering how thankful you are for those around you and those things around you then you'll be happy. I can tell you right now my top 5 for both but I'm not going to. I'll save that for another post. 
So there you have it. How to make life suck less by yours truly. But on a serious note life is too short to really focus on the bad. Yes things aren't going to go how you want. People are to disappoint you. The Lakers will disappoint you. Believe it or not though, things could always be worse. Regardless of what happens we need to see all the good and not focus on the bad. Anyways, keep smiling and go buy some onesies.

Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment